Resources for Supervisors and Employees
- Supervisor Creates Work Plan
- Employee Acknowledges Work Plan
- Supervisor Evaluation-Coming Soon!
- Second Level Approval-Coming Soon!
- Employee Self-Evaluation and Acknowledgment-Coming Soon!
Quick Start User Guides
- Review the Performance Management Policy.
- Review the Work Plan Guidance.
- FREE 20-minute online tutorial provided by the Office of State Human Resources.
What is Performance Management?
The success of the University’s workforce depends upon effective communication in planning for, developing, and evaluating an employee’s work. The Performance Management System utilized by the University provides an evaluation process that promotes participation from both the supervisor and the employee. The components of the performance management system are the creation of a work plan, and periodic performance reviews, including the end of year performance appraisal. The performance review cycles runs from April 1st to the March 31st of each year.
The Office of Human Resources utilizes the AppState Jobs system for creation and maintenance of work plans and reviews for SPA employees. On Sptember 2nd, 2015 our new Performance Management module was released to the campus. Employee and supervisors use the AppState Jobs system to access performance management functions.
The components of the Performance Management process are:
- Work Plans should be developed as a collaborative effort between the manager and employee.
- You will need at least one (1) goal for each functional competency in the Work Plan.
- The manager will then enter the work plan in AppState Jobs and electronically submit it to employee for review.
- Employee will electronically “sign” the work plan thereby returning it to the manager.
- Work Plans may be updated as needed through the cycle.
Once you have the work plan approved by the employee in the system, then you are ready for the year-end review in June.
Performance Evaluation Process:
- The supervisor and employee will both complete an annual evaluation.
- The supervisor and employee will meet one on one to discuss the performance review.
- Overall performance rating is based on performance on the goals set in the work plan.
- The scale stays the same:
- Very Good,
- Below Good,
- Manager will electronically submit the performance appraisal to the employee for review.
- Employee will electronically “sign” acknowledgement that they have met with their manager to discuss performance.
- Performance Appraisals will be reviewed and approved by the Second Level Manager and Human Resources who will look for rating consistency, objective assessment, substantive explanations.
For additional information, please contact Emily Wilson, email@example.com.
Performance Management Information
View Additional Information: