Professional development is an ongoing process that shapes the future of our university and provides individual employees with the knowledge, skills, and encouragement to further their career. The Professional Development staff offers a wide range of training & development opportunities to promote a campus-culture that:
- Empowers individuals to take ownership of their career development,
- Values learning and development by encouraging and supporting employee participation in personal and professional development opportunities, and
- Leverages learning and development opportunities to deliver exceptional job performance, improve employee satisfaction, and prepare our workforce for future growth.
In furtherance of this mission, the Office of Human Resources conducted a survey to determine the professional development needs and preferences of its staff. The survey concluded in January 2015 and we are pleased to present the results of the survey to you. The ultimate goal of conducting this survey was to translate the results into a catalog of professional development training courses that can be offered to all employees. We are excited to begin laying the groundwork for these programs and appreciate all who have stepped forward to be a part of the planning process. Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey.
For more information, or to get involved, please contact Emily Wilson, email@example.com, 828-262-6486.
Survey Results (PDF: 296KB)
Look for ongoing professional development opportunities under the Workshops tab. We are in the process of establishing a timeline for the launch of new program and catalog. A group of talented and dedicated individuals is participating in a brainstorming process with the Office of Human Resources, that will guide the design of this program and we look forward to providing more information as it becomes available.
The William C. Hubbard Center for Faculty Development offers faculty a wide variety of services and programs that support professional growth and development.
- Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety Report
- ASU Employee Discount Program
- Employee Self Service
- Holiday Schedule
- Initial Notification of Injury Form
- UNC Salary Data & Protocol
- Former AppState Jobs Site for Employees and Supervisors
- Upgraded AppState Jobs Site for Employees and Supervisors
- ASU Policy Manual
- HR Payroll Authorization Deadlines