Appalachian Staff Awards Information
Congratulations to the Winners of last year's Staff Awards!
The Appalachian Staff Award is open to all staff (SPA) employees as nominated by other staff, faculty, supervisors, and/or administrators, and is based on the criteria listed on this site. Awards will be presented to four deserving Appalachian employees (3 SPA and 1 EPA) at our annual Service Awards Recognition, held in conjunction with the Staff Appreciation Breakfast early this fall.
Consideration is based on the following criteria, and more than one category may apply:
- Dedication & Service
- Safety & Heroism
- Other Achievements
- Human Relations
Dedication and Service
The nominee has exhibited unselfish devotion to duty far and above the normal requirements and has contributed significantly to the students, faculty, and staff of Appalachian State University.
The nominee has successfully established new and outstanding work methods, practices, and plans for his/her department that are consistent with the University’s strategic plan.The nominee has successfully established new and outstanding work methods, practices, and plans for his/her department that are consistent with the University’s strategic plan.
Safety and Heroism
The nominee has demonstrated outstanding judgment or courage in an emergency or meritorious action to prevent injury, loss of life, or prevent damage or loss of property.
The nominee has made outstanding contributions and/or provided service to Appalachian or the surrounding community deserving recognition not described in the categories above.
The nominee has made outstanding contributions in the field of human relations or employee/management relations that foster a model learning community. For example: develop activities that unite the University community, reflect the diversity of the University, and create an environment of collegiality to foster healthy interaction among students, faculty, and staff.
- Must be a permanent University employee and meet the following criteria:
- Staff members become eligible for nomination after completion of the probationary period and then granted a permanent appointment
- EPA administrative employees become eligible for nomination after six months of continuous service.
- All nomination forms must be received in the Office of Human Resources no later than the date posted on the Announcements page.
- Please return completed form to the Office of Human Resources.