About the System
Effective December 4, 2006, the Office of Human Resources implemented AppState Jobs, an online system to store all SPA position descriptions for hiring authorities to review and authorize Classification & Compensation actions; posting of vacancies; the recruitment, selection, and hiring process; and work plans, competency assessments, and performance evaluations for each SPA employee.
It is essential that all levels of management receive the necessary training to take full advantage of AppState Jobs. Click here to register for a training session.
How to Access the System
Login at www.jobs.appstate.edu/hr. If you do not have a user account, you may create one using the same url.
AppState Careers User Guide
The following documents are here to help guide you in your usage of the AppState Jobs Hiring Manager's Site.
- How to Create Your Employee User Account (pdf - 214.59 KB)
Supervisor/Hiring Manager Guides
- How to Update a Position to Include Percentages and Associated Duties (pdf - 1.55MB)
- How to Complete an Employee Competency Assessment (pdf - 397KB)
- How to Complete a Work Plan (pdf - 2.07 MB)
- How to Complete a Performance Evaluation (pdf-4.3MB)
- How to Update a Position Description (pdf - 48 KB)
- How to Post a Position (pdf - 36 KB)
- How to Create/Post a Position Description (pdf - 58.21 KB)
AppState Careers Contact Information
Classification and Performance Management
Stephanie Gregg (828) 262-7872
Nancy Crowell (828) 262-6520
Sandi Jones (828) 262-6484