If you are injured on the job you should:
- Report the accident to your supervisor immediately.
- If medical treatment is required, then promptly go to one of the following facilities:
Clinic/Doctor: Boone Urgent Care
Address & Phone: 178 Hwy 105 Extension (Boone Points Bldg.) 828-265-7146
Clinic/Doctor: WATAUGA MEDICAL CENTER EMERGENCY ROOM
Address & Phone: 336 DEERFIELD RD. BOONE, N.C. 28607 (828) 262-4164
NOTE: The Watauga Medical Center should be used only when there is danger to life or limb and when Boone Urgent Care is closed. Medical care obtained without permission will be at your own expense.
NOTE: Be sure to inform Boone Urgent Care and/or Watauga Medical Center Emergency Room personnel that medical treatment is for a job-related injury or illness and should be filed as "Workers' Compensation". Treatment bills, physician reports and work related notices should be sent to the Office of Human Resources - Workers' Compensation. Referrals to other medical providers must be approved by the treating physician, the North Carolina Industrial Commission, or the Office of Human Resources Workers' Compensation. Be sure to contact the Office of Human Resources - Workers' Compensation at 262-6488 to report all injuries or illnesses.
Employees injured on the job or contracting an occupational disease can receive medical services and lost time at the University's expense.
- Workers' Compensation Filing Procedures and Forms
- Workers' Compensation Notice - Instructions to Employers and Employees (PDF 10KB) (North Carolina Industrial Commission Form 17)
- Workers' Compensation Notice - Instructions to Employers and Employees, Spanish Version (PDF 11KB) (North Carolina Industrial Commission Form 17)
Feel free to call Wanda at 262-6488 with questions regarding Workers’ Compensation. Thank you and be safe.
Life threatening injuries/illnesses would include but not limited to:
- Loss of consciousness
- Breathing difficulty or respiratory problems
- Chest pains
- Arterial bleeding
- Open fractures
- Critical burns
Boone Urgent Care 178 Hwy. 105 Ext. Suite 101
Boone, NC 28607
Hours: M-F 8am – 7:45 pm
Sat. 9am – 4:45 pm
Sun. 10am – 5:45 pm
For more information and a location map for Boone Urgent Care, click this link. (PDF)