North Carolina State Health Plan
Domestic Partner Information
Appalachian provides a full range of benefit programs and services which support and enhance the employment relationship of faculty and staff.
Comprehensive benefit programs are an essential part of one’s total compensation and are designed to provide income security for future needs, assist with meeting the costs of health care, and provide a generous program of paid time off to help balance the demands of work and family.
To view your Benefits package, log into your Employee Self Service account.
All permanent, full-time and three-quarter-time employees (employed for the full academic year) at Appalachian State University are eligible to participate in the benefit programs listed on this web site.
Permanent half-time employees are eligible to participate in the Health Plans by paying full cost. Tax Sheltered Annuities and the North Carolina Flexible Benefits Plan NCFlex are also available to permanent half-time employees.
All medical forms must be completed and returned to the Benefits Office within 30 days of your hire date. All retirement forms must be completed and returned to the Benefits Office within 60 days of your hire date.
Employees that do not complete the required medical forms within 30 days of hire will not have medical coverage until the forms are completed. At that time, a 12-month waiting period will be placed on all pre-existing conditions.
Those employees that do not complete the required retirement forms within 60 days of hire will be placed into the State Retirement System automatically. Once this is done, it can not be changed.
The link below provides information related to the benefits portion of the training for SPA employees. Please note: the presentation below can not substitute for the training requirement.
SSN Disclosure Statement (PDF)
For more information on the New Employee Orientation click here to go to the Career Development section of this site.
- You are entitled to a free University Parking permit for non-gated lots.
If you wish to purchase a pass for a gated lot, the cost will be $100.
- You may continue using your University ID Card at any of the Recreational Facilities and Belk Library free of charge.
- You will need to have your ID Card re-validated each year.
- Please contact the Office of Human Resources for the appropriate form for re-validation.
- Retirees maintain the usage of their e-mail account with the University.
Sign into your e-mail account using MyASU.
Questions? E-mail the Benefits Group.
- Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety Report
- ASU Employee Discount Program
- Employee Self Service
- Holiday Schedule
- Initial Notification of Injury Form
- UNC Salary Data & Protocol
- Former AppState Jobs Site for Employees and Supervisors
- Upgraded AppState Jobs Site for Employees and Supervisors
- ASU Policy Manual
- HR Payroll Authorization Deadlines
- Workplace Posters